Tuesday 29 January 2013

2013 Resolutions and Shaping Up

This picture is from here.

I have started school today and boy, I am already freaked out. And I probably should be since this is my last semester before graduating, but honestly, I just want to go to bed and cry and read lots of books and not think about the world. I have to do so much work and I don't know where to begin. I'm sure I'm making more of this than I should, since we only had the first day, but I think they succeeded in scaring us like crazy. None of my rambling now, on to the good things... I have applied to the university of Copenhagen! I am very excited and hoping that I will get in. It took me a while to get all of the documents but alas, I have officially applied for my masters. As if my school life isn't scaring me enough. Anyhow, I wanted to talk to you about 2013 today. I recently found a post which really inspired me and you should all go check it out. 

Now I know most of you made new years resolutions and last Monday was the most depressing day of the week because apparently everyone finds out that they don't succeed in losing weight, getting a boyfriend, working out more etc etc. You know the drill. I think, however, that the key is not to make resolutions to "only" lose weight but to just change your daily way of living. I know this is a tale that most of you heard before, but I really believe in this one. If you want to start off living healthier or losing weight, you need to change your daily routine and applying those measures in that routine otherwise it won't work. Now, I'm gonna tell you a little secret. I am a huge fan of Lauren Conrad. You still okay? I absolutely loved watching The Hills growing up (and living in Holland, dreaming of LA was a favourite pastime of mine) and Lauren Conrad is truly amazing. She has a blog and this post is what I think is gonna help you to keep those resolutions up! Obviously cutting every bit of chocolate and fat out of your diet isn't going to make you happy or getting in shape at all. Because we all need a little fry every once in a while, no denying that. But the recipes are amazing and I have tried the workouts and they work perfectly for me and you can just do it at home. And you can do it! Because this year's mantra is going to be: I can and I will, watch me.

No comments:

Post a Comment