Sunday 20 January 2013

Quentin Tarantino's Django Unchained


Yesterday my dad and I went to Django Unchained. And oh my gosh what an amazing film! I must admit that I do have a weakness for Quentin Tarantino because I absolutely love him, so my view is not entirely fair. Because when it comes to films made by Quentin or Woody, I like the movie before I've seen it. Nevertheless, Django was good. Not good, fantastic. Christoph Waltz is absolutely amazing in this film, if you liked him in Quentin's previous movie Inglorious Bastards, you are going to like him even more now. I can totally understand that he won a Golden Globe for his role. Jamie Foxx plays very believable as the slave Django and Samuel L. Jackson will give you the absolute creeps.

The story is about Dr. King Schultz (Christoph Waltz) who is a bounty hunter and buys the slave Django (Jamie Foxx) because he needs to kill three people and Django knows what they look like. These three people are former plantation masters where Django has worked. When they have killed the three men, Django admits that he wants to free his wife Broomhilde (Kerry Washington) who was sold on a action in Mississippi. They eventually find her, although she is now one of the slaves of mister Candy (Leonardo DiCaprio) who is one of the most evil plantation owners of the plantation Candyland (which is of course a very ironic name). They go there with a plan to free her, but obviously everything goes wrong when the upper house slave Stephen (Samuel L. Jackson) finds out why they are there. That is the main storyline. This film is incredibly dark but also hysterically funny. 

Do prepare for a long sit, the film is two and a half hours long but trust me when I say that you will not get bored. This film is incredibly sadistic, humorous, violent and a little dark. Just what you expect from Quentin and if you love his other films, you will love this one too. Watch out because Django is on the loose!

2 comments:

  1. Thank you for following! ♥ Hope you'll enjoy all my posts, if not constructive critics is always welcomed ;)
    Sadly, I'm not into such films :( The strong images are a little bit to harsh for me. But I have a friend who would really enjoy it ^^

    Have a nice day,
    allthatglittersnotgold.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Not al all, your blog seems lovely! If you don't like strong images, don't watch the film (or any Tarantino for that matter). Thank you for commenting :)!

      Delete