Sunday 7 April 2013

Easter Monday






Last weekend was Easter. We are not very religious so we don't go to church in this weekend but we like to make it a family weekend nonetheless. We do give our prayers and give thanks. I loved this years Easter, especially the dinner we had on Easter Monday; it was so delicious! I have been told that this way of eating is particularly Dutch, even though it has a French name: 'gourmet'. It basically means that you have a hot plate in the middle of the table, you put some oil on it and bake everything yourself! I would definitely recommend it. We had such nice pieces of meat, lots of veggies and beautiful sauces. What a way to spend a Monday evening, eh? This year we kept it quiet, only my grandparents came over but it was such a lovely evening that my mind was kept at ease and I could breath again for some time. This weekend was full of celebrations (my brother turned 18) and of homework. But I think spring is upon us! Could it be true?

1 comment:

  1. Lovely food and family post!
    You must know how I love the header of your blog :)

    ReplyDelete